VinFast Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
VinFast offers two Battery Subscription plans to customers:
  • Flexible plan: customers pay a monthly battery subscription fee covering a driving range up to 310 miles per month. Miles over 310 per month will incur an additional cost equal to the excess range multiplied by the battery rental unit cost (initial estimation is 11 cents per mile) \
  • Fixed plan: customers pay a monthly battery subscription plan covering an unlimited mileage range with the following subscription fee: $110/month for VF 8 and $160/monthly for VF 9.
  • you can upgrade from monthly to flat fee or vise versa only 1 Time !
  • Customers do not have to pay for battery repair and maintenance as VinFast will cover these costs.
  • VinFast will replace a customer's battery if and when the battery's charging capacity dips below 70%
  • there is only one battery pack for VF9 - up to 400 mile range
Delivery :
you can order one and only pick it up in California at the moment.

Our initial prices might be changed when products are officially launched. We will update more details on this program in the near future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks like a deal breaker for me, or several really. Having to go to CA to buy and either ship or drive back to PA is a no go for me. Servicing would also be a nightmare. Was hoping battery lease was going to be an option. We plan to keep the car for at least 7-8 years. $160/month would add $13440-$15360 to the total cost, plus you still pay for charging. If the battery lease included free charging, it might be worth it. They advertised it as the price that people pay for gas, but then you are still paying for "gas" on top of it.

Also, those prices are going to go up, just like everything else. The last line there all but guarantees it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like a deal breaker for me, or several really. Having to go to CA to buy and either ship or drive back to PA is a no go for me. Servicing would also be a nightmare. Was hoping battery lease was going to be an option. We plan to keep the car for at least 7-8 years. $160/month would add $13440-$15360 to the total cost, plus you still pay for charging. If the battery lease included free charging, it might be worth it. They advertised it as the price that people pay for gas, but then you are still paying for "gas" on top of it.

Also, those prices are going to go up, just like everything else. The last line there all but guarantees it.
I am also In PA , I mean , anything that goes wrong with it will be serviced for Free also . so over 10 years that adds up with a gas car . im guessing services mean Tire Rotations and any machanical issues . but having no service center near me its a bust and a risk i can't have it there is no serivce center for 3,000 miles ! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am also In PA , I mean , anything that goes wrong with it will be serviced for Free also . so over 10 years that adds up with a gas car . im guessing services mean Tire Rotations and any machanical issues . but having no service center near me its a bust and a risk i can't have it there is no serivce center for 3,000 miles ! lol
Right, planned service is minimal for an EV. It's the unplanned service that I would worry about with this one.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Agree. I'm in NJ, so I have emailed to get clarification on dealer service availability as well. Just the shipping from CA to NJ is cost involved. and if I want to drive it back then I would like to know if there are any charging credits etc given.

Else it is a deal breaker for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Agree. I'm in NJ, so I have emailed to get clarification on dealer service availability as well. Just the shipping from CA to NJ is cost involved. and if I want to drive it back then I would like to know if there are any charging credits etc given.

Else it is a deal breaker for sure.
Yeah there is no way I am buying without a local (even within 2 hours) service center.

As far as charging credits to drive home or shipping back to the east coast, even that wouldn't do it for me. I have driven cross country or fly and drive home for cars before, but this wouldn't be one of them.

I think I'm going to be getting a refund. It's a shame because this is pretty much the only upcoming ESUV that my wife actually likes the looks of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's the response from VinFast. Disappointing so far, but I'll wait and watch how this unfolds.

Thank you for contacting VinFast US.
  • We are working on expanding to the rest of the US market but we currently do not have any information on when we will expand to the New York/New Jersey states. As of now, we are only delivering in California. If you were to come to California to pick up your car, you will have to pay to have the car shipped to New York/New Jersey.
  • As far as chargers VinFast will supply a portable level 1 (120 Volts) NEMA connector that is UL Certified. We will also have the 240 volt NEMA adapter for the portable charger that will be sold separately (Price is TBD).
  • With charging credits we currently do not have any information for we are still finalizing our sales plans.
  • For the VF8 the miles are (estimated, are subject to change) 285.8 and 316.9. For the VF9 the miles are (estimated, are subject to change) 301.4 and 422.5.
  • We are working to expand to the rest of the US market and that's including having service centers. As of now, we do not have any information on the expansion to New York or New Jersey

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's the response from VinFast. Disappointing so far, but I'll wait and watch how this unfolds.

Thank you for contacting VinFast US.
  • We are working on expanding to the rest of the US market but we currently do not have any information on when we will expand to the New York/New Jersey states. As of now, we are only delivering in California. If you were to come to California to pick up your car, you will have to pay to have the car shipped to New York/New Jersey.
  • As far as chargers VinFast will supply a portable level 1 (120 Volts) NEMA connector that is UL Certified. We will also have the 240 volt NEMA adapter for the portable charger that will be sold separately (Price is TBD).
  • With charging credits we currently do not have any information for we are still finalizing our sales plans.
  • For the VF8 the miles are (estimated, are subject to change) 285.8 and 316.9. For the VF9 the miles are (estimated, are subject to change) 301.4 and 422.5.
  • We are working to expand to the rest of the US market and that's including having service centers. As of now, we do not have any information on the expansion to New York or New Jersey
Yeah , whats the point of the reservation system to include States that are 3,000 miles away from California when you can only pick it up there . so thats about a 1,200 cost to ship back , only a level 1 charger ? we still living in 2016 ? I got that with my chevy volt back then. who is going to leave the car plugged in for 24 hours for a full charge, no one ! how do they not know all this information if hey plan to have it released by the end of the year . I expect delays at least for the VF9, you can't even sit in it yet as looking at the photos online the seats are blocked off its not even Finished yet thats a huge gap in mileage I hope it's 422 .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yeah , whats the point of the reservation system to include States that are 3,000 miles away from California when you can only pick it up there . so thats about a 1,200 cost to ship back , only a level 1 charger ? we still living in 2016 ? I got that with my chevy volt back then. who is going to leave the car plugged in for 24 hours for a full charge, no one ! how do they not know all this information if hey plan to have it released by the end of the year . I expect delays at least for the VF9, you can't even sit in it yet as looking at the photos online the seats are blocked off its not even Finished yet thats a huge gap in mileage I hope it's 422 .
I could have sworn that part of the VinFirst program was for a free level 2 charger. Either way that's not a problem for me, the location is the killer. I think I am going to request a refund either now or wait until April 5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I'll wait it out as well.

Does anyone know if there's a date by which we need to request our deposit back?

I know the voucher redemption date was by Dec 2023 but don't recall the date for deposit.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Does anyone know if there's a date by which we need to request our deposit back?

I know the voucher redemption date was by Dec 2023 but don't recall the date for deposit.
you can request anytime prior to selecting a vehicle to order.. according to the terms and conditions it states this . After April 5th you will get your money back but , once you place your order for a selected vehicle . your $200 is gone and not refundable.

7. Reservation and e-Voucher Cancellation and Transfer
a. Reservation Cancellation. You may cancel your Reservation and request a full refund of your Reservation Fee at any time prior to placing your Selected Vehicle order. Upon Reservation cancellation, the e-Voucher shall be forfeited and deemed expired. Refunds of the Reservation Fee resulting from such cancellation will become available for distribution after April 5, 2022. VinFast may cancel your Reservation at any time and upon such cancellation will issue a full refund of the Reservation Fee to your address on file.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

I haven't seen one, but I would assume Dec 2023. I just don't see them having it available here by then, and even then, the battery lease deal seems a bit off to me. Like an extended warranty, which I would never buy, but seems mandatory here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I cancelled my reservation yesterday. Was a shame as this was the only ESUV that has been revealed that my wife actually liked the looks of. Now we will wait to see what Kia, Hyundai, and VW have to offer. Still hoping to get something by the end of 2024.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm happy to give them time to see if they can figure these out, but with lack of information and no roadmap/timelines, this seems to get expensive by the day.
i am assuming we all my find out more after April 5th . there running out of time for an end of the year timeline to deliver the VF9 , it is not even a complete suv yet . at this point we should have more concrete pricing and expectation . What car company doesn't ship a car to your home ! This one .

·
Registered
34 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts