VinFast Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Found another tweet. Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't doubt that they had execs taking people on rides in their cars:

Im more and more concerned about the fact that they obviously don’t let people drive the car without any staff member - I read this as: we don’t trust our cars to make a good impression by themselves…

· Registered
100 Posts
....if they nuke the option, I'm out. I'll just wait for the Blazer EV and/or if I get tired of wating the Ioniq 5.
Yeah that would be a huge miscalculation on their part..even if they kept it for a few years as a promotion to get buyers they would probably still do better than if they got rid of it for people outside of vinfast/reservations before September 2022 or whenever the cut off was.

Im more and more concerned about the fact that they obviously don’t let people drive the car without any staffer - I read this as: we don’t trust our cars to make a good impression by themselves…
This as well..like, they're making it worse on themselves. Wait until people get their hands on actual cars. People will have a field day and if they still have problems by that time they will do more harm than good..again, another miscalculation.

They first should get their act together with the VF8 and VF9 instead of announcing/promoting new models
Agreed. Know your audience.

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
Really wish he was more prepared. We also need a review from somebody like Alex/On/Autos; a bit more mature and less opinionated. I also wonder were these the CE or the pre-production units they are using for test drives. Hum.
Vinfast has some work to do for sure.

· Registered
268 Posts
Thats the final nail into the VF coffin for me … Thx Kyle! 🙏 (I skipped to the last chapter with his final conclusion and thats enough for me)
I suspect there will be many fewer reservations and way more cancel requests. I'm keeping my options open for now.

· Registered
144 Posts
....if they nuke the option, I'm out. I'll just wait for the Blazer EV and/or if I get tired of wating the Ioniq 5.
Seems indeed to go more and more into the direction that they scrap the battery lease. That they scrapped the option with limited miles was retrospective a first warning sign that things didn’t went well…

· Registered
268 Posts
Seems indeed to go more and more into the direction that they scrap the battery lease.
I can't see them selling or leasing too many at the gross price; it is in no way competive with what is already available or soon to be available. All the options I"m considering will be more expensive, but I'm pretty sure I'd trust them more (Chevy and Hyundai).
Vinfast has a lot of work ahead to combat the wave of negativity.

· Registered
144 Posts
I suspect there will be many fewer reservations and way more cancel requests. I'm keeping my options open for now.
Our $200 are anyway in the ditch because of the purchase agreement. so yeah - no harm done by keeping it open. But our main focus will shift away from the VF9 into direction of other 7seater SUVs (especially the R1S) even if the price difference is steep…

· Registered
144 Posts
I can't see them selling or leasing too many at the gross price; it is in no way competive with what is already available or soon to be available. All the options I"m considering will be more expensive, but I'm pretty sure I'd trust them more (Chevy and Hyundai).
Vinfast has a lot of work ahead to combat the wave of negativity.
more expensive but also more trust - that nails it absolutely! 👍

· Registered
268 Posts
But our main focus will shift away
Yeah, I'm with you. My next pick is the Chevy Blazer RS and if I get tired of waiting the IONIQ 5. Both would cost way more than the VF8 Plus (the perk price with no sub). oh well, I trust Chevy(GM) and kinda trust Hyundia; but Vinfast. Trust is earned and it kinda went into the toilet lately.
Really need to see the REAL VF8 get here and be reviewed.

· Registered
100 Posts
I'm hoping these reviews kick Vinfast into gear to actually fix issues with the car and the next shipment of VF8s do better for them. I too see people cancelling their reservations en masse..

The hype around the influencers and YouTubers going to Vietnam is now dead, and, to be honest did nothing to help them - at least not in the North American market. We are now seeing things for what they are, and if Vinfast thought they could coast off of those "yes men" reviews they're sadly mistaken.

All of that said I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now. I'm on lists for other vehicles but unfortunately I'm not getting any of my alternatives any time soon..my best option to get into an EV this year, or next will most likely be Vinfast.

Oh, and just to add to the "yes men" thought... we need these type of reviews. Like NEED them in order for Vinfast to succeed. I hope they listen and fix their shit BC it's looking really bad right now.

· Registered
144 Posts
Really wish he was more prepared. We also need a review from somebody like Alex/On/Autos; a bit more mature and less opinionated. I also wonder were these the CE or the pre-production units they are using for test drives. Hum.
Vinfast has some work to do for sure.
I think Kyle is really passionate about EVs and electrification and imo he wants this whole thing to succeed - therefore he is deeply disappointed if there comes something into the market which doesn’t meet his expectations and requirements for helping the EV market succeeding as a whole (only my personal view of him).

· Registered
268 Posts
only my personal view of him).
yeah, I get that. For me, I see his videos and try to keep myself from getting annoyed. He needs to be more prepared and have way more video production experience. That will come, I guess, when he has more subscribers. He's on my sub list, but grain of salt a lot of times.
No doubt the younger crowd would really dig him. :p

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm hoping these reviews kick Vinfast into gear to actually fix issues with the car and the next shipment of VF8s do better for them. I too see people cancelling their reservations en masse..

The hype around the influencers and YouTubers going to Vietnam is now dead, and, to be honest did nothing to help them - at least not in the North American market. We are now seeing things for what they are, and if Vinfast thought they could coast off of those "yes men" reviews they're sadly mistaken.

All of that said I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now. I'm on lists for other vehicles but unfortunately I'm not getting any of my alternatives any time soon..my best option to get into an EV this year, or next will most likely be Vinfast.

Oh, and just to add to the "yes men" thought... we need these type of reviews. Like NEED them in order for Vinfast to succeed. I hope they listen and fix their shit BC it's looking really bad right now.
Yeah they need to get on it ASAP. If you're bringing your stuff to a show like CES, which has become one of the biggest shows of the year for EVs you need to bring your A game and for some reason that didn't happen. The good news is they have the resources to make changes the questions is whether they can do it quickly enough to try and counter this rough press.

· Registered
61 Posts

Are you concerned about what depreciation might be like if these issues are still around with customer-ordered models?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts