VinFast Forum banner

VinFast at CES 2023

6K views 65 replies 9 participants last post by  jay 
#1 ·
Wheel Building Car Land vehicle Sky

It looks like VinFast has a bunch of vehicles available to test drive/ride at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.

Add any photos/videos, etc from CES here!

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure how legit this is but apparently they announced the VF6 and VF7 and they plan to start early reservations in March:

I saw another article posted after the one above on one of the facebook groups.

Also, I just watched a video from MotorWeek and they mentioned vinfast. They said that shipments of vehicles to Canada will start in early 2023 and the 999 units already shipped to the US will reach customers by the end of the year.

Alot of information which, if true is unfortunately added to the list of things we didn't hear from Vinfast first. Still, I'm curious as to what the VF6 and VF7 prices are. If they can get those here by next year I may consider one..

#4 ·
What I thought was funny was the VF7 has a 75kw battery and it is slated to get more range than the VF8 with a 87kw battery lol. They really need to just delete the WLTP estimated range from their website if they not going to include it on the VF8 anymore as it was way off the mark.

However, I may consider putting a reservation on the VF7 though.

#8 ·
So update guys. Lol I went on the US website as soon as I read your message about it being updated on the vinfast forum @SHale, and I literally just got off the phone with a Vinfast rep. I told them full disclosure I'm in Canada but I'm really interested in the 6 and 7 and they said the US can expect them starting Q4 of THIS YEAR. No word yet on Canadian market but looks like you guys will have options this year.

I did ask about the 8 and she said they're hoping by end of Q1 but don't want to over promise and under deliver.

If you fill out the form on the website they'll definitely call you. They made a note on my account that I'm interested and to contact me when the reservations open here. I wonder if they'll allow for early reservations for you if you really express interest during that call?

#12 ·
and I literally just got off the phone with a Vinfast
I too was on the web site checking out the VF7 when my cell lit up with 'vinfast calling'. Wooooh, scary. They had already seen I signed up for info on the vf6/vf7. Learned VF8 next batch has already slipped to end of March and most likely April; boo hiss. they did confirm next batch NO CE trim; yay. No amount of prodding would get price for the VF7. Not interested in VF6 since it only will be single motor FWD.

I might actually wait for the VF7. Will depend on price and I think the fed credit dies too., A big factor. Time will tell.

#18 · (Edited)
Just posted the last tweet but didn't see this post so sorry in advance!

I mean, these are the reviews we wanted right? American YouTubers, or those in the industry within North America? They had time to make sure the cars were ready for the show, especially considering they were pretty big sponsors at the event.

I agree with @SHale - vinfast will need to get their PR team out there and address some or all of these concerns asap.

@s7davis, while I agree, they should have at least consulted some of those YouTubers on their home soil (USA) prior to the show and see what they really think (and i mean no "yes men" or people who are paid to do it). This isn't the first time we are seeing totally different reviews from people who didn't go to Vietnam vs those who went and reviewed them there. If you're going to delay things maybe not going to the show would have been a better idea. I also think prices will go down, but much sooner than 2024..waiting till next year to reduce prices with so much bad press will be a disaster IMO.

#27 ·
Really wish he was more prepared. We also need a review from somebody like Alex/On/Autos; a bit more mature and less opinionated. I also wonder were these the CE or the pre-production units they are using for test drives. Hum.
Vinfast has some work to do for sure.

#35 ·
I think Kyle is really passionate about EVs and electrification and imo he wants this whole thing to succeed - therefore he is deeply disappointed if there comes something into the market which doesn’t meet his expectations and requirements for helping the EV market succeeding as a whole (only my personal view of him).

#34 ·
I'm hoping these reviews kick Vinfast into gear to actually fix issues with the car and the next shipment of VF8s do better for them. I too see people cancelling their reservations en masse..

The hype around the influencers and YouTubers going to Vietnam is now dead, and, to be honest did nothing to help them - at least not in the North American market. We are now seeing things for what they are, and if Vinfast thought they could coast off of those "yes men" reviews they're sadly mistaken.

All of that said I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now. I'm on lists for other vehicles but unfortunately I'm not getting any of my alternatives any time soon..my best option to get into an EV this year, or next will most likely be Vinfast.

Oh, and just to add to the "yes men" thought... we need these type of reviews. Like NEED them in order for Vinfast to succeed. I hope they listen and fix their shit BC it's looking really bad right now.

#42 ·
in Vietnam there sure is and that has created a bunch of trolls who post around. In the US, the tide certainly has changed due to the CE and other 'changes'. I'm sticking with my reservation/order for now. Signed up for a 2nd test drive in Calif; hopefully a bigger better track than the first one.

#41 ·
Absolutely. Anything that isn't "perfect" or up to the standards of a car that price will always be a worry to me. The battery lease and the warranty would ease my worries a bit.

I'm hoping that considering I reserved back in August by the time I get my V8 they would have figured shit out.. I'm also hoping they lower the prices BC the cars are not worth the price they're selling them for but I'm not as hopeful.

#54 · (Edited)
You guys see the updated Tesla prices?

Not sure if anyone here is a Tesla fan but they've drop significantly.

If they remain at this price Vinfast is going to have to respond IMO. Drop the prices Vinfast! Lol

Of course, checking out the Vinfast Facebook group people are still arguing that Vinfast is the better buy. That really applies to people who want the VF9 and who got a Vinfirst reservation. Anyone outside of that is probably see the Tesla as a better buy. Curious to see what comes out of this.

Attachments

#55 ·
You guys see the updated Tesla prices?

Not sure if anyone here is a Tesla fan but they've drop significantly.

If they remain at this price Vinfast is going to have to respond IMO. Drop the prices Vinfast! Lol

Of course, checking out the Vinfast Facebook group people are still arguing that Vinfast is the better buy. That really applies to people who want the VF9 and who got a Vinfirst reservation. Anyone outside of that is probably see the Tesla as a better buy. Curious to see what comes out of this.
Agree - VF and others as well will need to think about their pricing twice with this move.

Tesla seems to feel the pressure by the legacy manufacturers as they close more and more the gap by introducing new EVs to the market. Tesla is aware of losing it’s unique selling proposition and they switch their strategy to defending market share - otherwise they wouldn’t cut prices as they’re no Samaritans (and their boss isn’t helpful either with his current antics).

This is a good thing for the individual EV consumer and the EV market as a whole because it lowers the hurdle to get an EV instead of ICE.

#58 ·
Oh shit! I really thought you were going to hang on but I get it. The price makes sense. They haven't updated the federal EV incentive in Canada so not sure what qualifies and what doesn't so I'm going to wait but Tesla is looking good right now.

Also, looks like a moderator has set up a 'megathread' in the official Vinfast forum and they're posting videos of the positive reviews. I wonder if they'll post the one that people are ACTUALLY talking about.. or @SHale, maybe you should? Lmao

#59 ·
They haven't updated the federal EV incentive in Canada
I have to take Tesla's word that in the US the price of the car does NOT include 'software' upgrades. Because the enhanced autopilot is $6k and that would put the 5 seat Y over the law CAP of $55k. So, I say it is iffy at best, but I'll find out in like 2024 if I get it.
Otherwise, the reduced price for the Y was enough for me to jump and kiss my vinfast $200 bye bye. I'll still be paying around $15k more than the OTD on the my VF8 was going to be. Oh well.

#60 ·
Yeah but at least you're getting a vehicle from a company that has been doing it for a while now. I've also heard their customer service and tech support is actually decent.

That's the biggest worry for me now. After sale support. The only repair place that I've heard of that they plan to start off with here will be in Vancouver (west coast)..imagine having to ship your car out to have them work on it? Lol I'm sure it won't be that dramatic but still. It's the amount of unknowns that is crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.