VinFast Forum banner

VF8 Reservation/Ordering Process

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Art Masson 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I placed a reservation on 4/1/22 for a Model VF8. Interesting that there was no choice for various major options (like Eco vs Plus variants, color, etc) in the reservation process. I'm assuming these details will be determined when VinFast is able to commit to delivery and support in North Carolina. What is the plan for customer feedback/status information on reservations? Does anyone know?

Incidentally, I also own a 2021 Tesla Model 3 (Long Range Dual Motor). The VF8 will likely replace my wife's 2014 Acura MDX if delivery can occur sometime in 2023.

My assumption is that initial US deliveries will all be manufactured in Vietnam until the new US production plant is operational sometime in or after 2024.

By the way, I live in Pittsboro, NC, USA -- which is in Chatham County where Vinfast has recently announced their US manufacturing location. Looking forward to that plant tour in 2024!

#2 ·
Hello All,

I placed a reservation on 4/1/22 for a Model VF8. Interesting that there was no choice for various major options (like Eco vs Plus variants, color, etc) in the reservation process. I'm assuming these details will be determined when VinFast is able to commit to delivery and support in North Carolina. What is the plan for customer feedback/status information on reservations? Does anyone know?

Incidentally, I also own a 2021 Tesla Model 3 (Long Range Dual Motor). The VF8 will likely replace my wife's 2014 Acura MDX if delivery can occur sometime in 2023.

My assumption is that initial US deliveries will all be manufactured in Vietnam until the new US production plant is operational sometime in or after 2024.

By the way, I live in Pittsboro, NC, USA -- which is in Chatham County where Vinfast has recently announced their US manufacturing location. Looking forward to that plant tour in 2024!
I assume you know that you have to pickup your car in California . Vinvast seems right now to be the only company for the reservation first orders that you have to pick up at a vinvast showroom or service station which will be only in California as of right now . I confirmed this in email . so the option when taking delivery for me as of now is i would have to Fly to California , take delivery and i would then have a shipping partner ship my car to my home which is in Pennsylvania .I would then fly back. .. seems costly but looking at it compared to the Rivian that is 86-90K . so getting the VF9 Plus + the 5K off the price seems like pretty good deal. i estimate its gonna be at least 2-3K to get the VF9 back to my home and + travel.

#3 ·
I would probably not elect to pick up my car in California and would decline delivery if that's my only choice. I'm hoping that since my NFT is valid until the end of 2023, that by that time VinFast will have expanded it's delivery and service capabilities to North Carolina -- where they are committed to build their new US factory. At least that's my hope! By my post, I was hoping that someone who represents VinFast could explain at what point they will want/need me to provide my desired options for Variant, color, etc.

#4 ·
VinFast Reservation System is Under Maintenance: I placed a reservation for a VF8 on 4/1/22. Yesterday I logged into my account on the Vinfast Web Site. At this point my account appears but shows "no reservation." I contacted VinFast US support about this and they advised that their reservation system is under maintenance and that currently existing reservations are not showing. This is (also) apparently why some Vinfast reservation customers are getting emails to place a reservation -- when they already have one. The support individual indicated these problems will be resolved when the reservation system update/maintenance is completed -- but didn't advise on the time-frame for this. My hope is that once the maintenance is complete, individuals with existing reservations will be able to select certain vehicle options like model (Eco or Plus), color, etc. to complete the reservation process.

#5 ·
After checking with Vinfast US support again, they advised that the reservation update/maintenance is taking longer than expected. As of today (June 27) there is no estimate for when the maintenance will be completed. I've been assured that when completed all existing reservations will be properly reflected in the shop.vinfastauto.us accounts.

#14 ·
As i

As I indicated above, Vinfast currently has their reservation system and website under maintenance. Until the maintenance is completed they are saying that many exisitng reservations will not be visible. As of a few days ago, there was no estimate for when this will be completed.

#15 ·
For those of us who did reservations prior to being able to create an account we won't see our reservation until the never ending maintenance completes. As long as one has all the email confirmations, you are good.
I suspect we will see our reservation once the web site allows configuration of those who converted to a 'contract'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.