VinFast Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launch of VinFast Community
To encourage customers to come together for the global electric vehicle revolution, VinFast plans to launch an international forum on VinFast's website on September 16, 2022. This forum will be a meaningful community for VinFast owners and those who love VinFast to discuss, exchange driving experiences, and share the latest trends. Stay tuned for more information!

Lifted from Yahoo News.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soo, we migrating there?
kinda depends on a few variables ie what interface they use and how they deal with the language issue. But, I could see this place emptying out. This interface (xenforo) could be much better if they were on the latest version and not disabling so many options.

Guess we shall see what the setup is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
To encourage customers to come together for the global electric vehicle revolution, VinFast plans to launch an international forum on VinFast's website on September 16, 2022. This forum will be a meaningful community for VinFast owners and those who love VinFast to discuss, exchange driving experiences, and share the latest trends. Stay tuned for more information!

If it is meant also as a honest attempt by VF to get in touch with (potential) customers, to learn how to improve their cars and the services around them and to address concerns then this would be a huge step forward and highly appreciated by me. (y)

·
Registered
27 Posts

Good deal!

·
Registered
67 Posts
here it is the 16th and nothing new on their website about 'new' forums. Hum.
They update the design of their websites from time
here it is the 16th and nothing new on their website about 'new' forums. Hum.
The only thing which is worse than lack of communication is communicating something and then don’t stick to it…

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and to think one of the 'benefits' of being a vinpioneer we'd get constant updates.

Huh, where are they? I'd be happy to have an order system online where we could configure the order I agreed to. sheesh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I checked the Vietnam side their is a community page but that looks more like a news feed page to me. I kinda like how the vietnam page is set up. However, if the vehicles stats for range and stuff are not different for US variants I might have to cancel my order. On the Vietnam side it shows it only has up to 400km WLTP range that equal around 248 miles WLTP. So unless they have the Vietnam range software limited I do not think this will work for me. But will still hold out until official EPA numbers do come out.

I was looking on the Vietnam side to see if it states anything on the charging but could not find any new information so guess will need to wait and see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I checked the Vietnam side their is a community page but that looks more like a news feed page to me. I kinda like how the vietnam page is set up. However, if the vehicles stats for range and stuff are not different for US variants I might have to cancel my order. On the Vietnam side it shows it only has up to 400km WLTP range that equal around 248 miles WLTP. So unless they have the Vietnam range software limited I do not think this will work for me. But will still hold out until official EPA numbers do come out.

I was looking on the Vietnam side to see if it states anything on the charging but could not find any new information so guess will need to wait and see.
As they have “delivered” the first cars there should be much more information out there on the tech and specs they use. They give an approximate charging time but there’s nothing final about the charging technology with voltage, kwh etc - and also nothing about how far they’ve implemented the ADAS features. There is also nothing new from credible journalists (= non vietnamese youtuber). I wonder if these first ”delivered“ cars only VF employees who are more or less real world test drivers and no-one is allowed so far to make experiences public.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But will still hold out until official EPA numbers do come out.
as long as the range doesn't dip below 200 I'm ok. Mine will just be a work commuter; 25 miles round trip. Rarely a longer trip and almost never over 150 miles in a day. Plan to plug and charge ever day to 100% and dam the torpedoes........

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As they have “delivered” the first cars there should be much more information out there on the tech and specs they use.
kinda makes one wonder. If they are in process of building the initial 5000 units to ship out and maybe be ready for customer delivery by Dec why isn't there an official order system? Why not real specs for 'targets'?
And why no communications to the vinfirst(ers) or any communication for that matter. Odd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts