VinFast Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Telsa reduced the price of the Y model by 20% and that was enough to get me to place an order. Tesla Y was my original choice, during covid, until Elon kept raising the price on almost a monthly basis to the point it was beyond what I could justify for a vehicle. Found about Vinfast and the battery subscription and placed a reservation. That now will be canceled.

Sorry Vinfast but not having 'my' VF8 in the first batch was kinda a deal breaker and since all the bad news was just too hard to ignore. Too many risks. At least with Tesla I know what I'm getting (or not a the case may be).

Good luck to vinfast and all the reservation holders who go through to receiving a vinfast vehicle.

· Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the Order. And actually its not a bad deal if you have the tax liability honestly. the Model Y price dropped like 14k over night heck if you wanted to just add FSD and its back at the starting point lol with Tax Credit lol.

· Registered
144 Posts
Telsa reduced the price of the Y model by 20% and that was enough to get me to place an order. Tesla Y was my original choice, during covid, until Elon kept raising the price on almost a monthly basis to the point it was beyond what I could justify for a vehicle. Found about Vinfast and the battery subscription and placed a reservation. That now will be canceled.

Sorry Vinfast but not having 'my' VF8 in the first batch was kinda a deal breaker and since all the bad news was just too hard to ignore. Too many risks. At least with Tesla I know what I'm getting (or not a the case may be).

Good luck to vinfast and all the reservation holders who go through to receiving a vinfast vehicle.
Good luck with your Tesla Y - VF is (if there doesn’t happen a wonder soon) for me also not an option any longer. I’m curious how your reservation cancellation will be handled - i will open a separate thread here about my cancellation experience so far…

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck with your Tesla Y
already found some negatives to the Tesla Y that I'll find annoying: no cooled vented seats, no Sirius/XM hardware, have to pay $350 to have homelink installed to have =basic= garage door opening ability. Does seem to have Apple Music, which will soften the Sirius/XM blunder. Already paid for the wall charge and mobile charge 'stuff'. Seems Tesla nickle and dimes ya. :(

And the biggie Musk is kinda toxic and embarrassing these days. Oh well. Tradeoffs.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can get the MyQ for the garage and then think it is a $50 dollar subscription
since we will be in the house for a while buying homelink to be installed is a better, least headache, option. Just not happy about it. No doubt in the S and X homelink is included; just like Sirius/XM is. Another annoying item I have to deal with. Elon makes really rotten decisions at times........

· Registered
60 Posts
@SHale you might want to look at the CVRP starting FEB 28 2023 if you do not make more than $58k you get an addition 7500 rebate from California lol. Dropping price of Y and 3 down to mid $30k lol. But I think only the model 3 built in Texas will qualify as they have the LFP batteries for full 7500 credit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts