VinFast Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm understanding the pricing correctly. But it sounds like these vehicles are going to cost north of $50k-$60k in the upper trims. Then you're still going to pay a monthly charge on the battery? Plus the cost of actually charging the vehicle. I feel like a large reason for most people to switch to electric is the lack of added costs. Paying a lease charge and for charging the vehicle will negate any savings..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if I'm understanding the pricing correctly. But it sounds like these vehicles are going to cost north of $50k-$60k in the upper trims. Then you're still going to pay a monthly charge on the battery? Plus the cost of actually charging the vehicle. I feel like a large reason for most people to switch to electric is the lack of added costs. Paying a lease charge and for charging the vehicle will negate any savings..
And I think there’s a bit of bait and switch here too. It looks like the prices they revealed are for the base pack which has like 260 miles of range in the VF9. The larger pack won’t be available at launch and will certainly be significantly more expensive if I had to guess. They also lowered the range estimate (a few days ago they showed 3 battery options now it’s down to 2). Not clear if they will just raise the monthly fee or the cost of the vehicle for larger batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts