VinFast Forum banner

Would you pay to sell your Reservation through a Vinfast Marketplace? Multiple choices OK.

• I would pay a listing fee of $200 to sell at my price, but pay no commission

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - so a number of member posts related to selling their early reservations. Some suggested (on this and other sites) that they could be worth $15,000. Some say "give me $1,500, and I'll transfer I a minute". Realistically, with the early pre-hike price lock-in and the other perks, they are worth more than $1,500 - and as demand increases towards year end, could start inching toward a $7,000-$10,000 mark, or more.

So - I'm wondering whether it makes sense to build an online marketplace for people with reservations to post them for sale - this could maintain the higher pricing, promote more online visibility, and serve the entire Pioneer community to the benefit of would-be buyers who don't have an early reservation.

Vinfast told me some time ago that they were building a secondary marketplace, but that hasn't happened. I have SIX reservations I'm selling - and if another 100 or 300 sellers come together, a group of sellers could have a significant online marketplace visibility and generally support a higher market value for the reservation sales.

What are your thoughts? See Poll Below

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you found anyone willing to buy the reservation for $1500?
I have not. One problem I see is that the "I will sell, contact me" postings don't establish a value, nor do they come across as solid offerings. Also, those on this forum are somewhat savvy, while people just shopping for an EV would be rather unaware about the Pioneer perks. So, a good marketplace would have to reach NEW buyers - like through Craigslist auto, geo-targeting social media in high EV population areas - like LA, San Francisco, etc.

Hence, my thinking out loud about a professional level approach to creating a marketplace that will promote and maintain higher value listings.

· Registered
53 Posts
More power to you but I really don't think there is going to be much demand for those the way things are going. There is absolutely no reason to go for VinFast considering that they are both a brand new company and are charging higher prices for cars that don't really stand out among the competition. Not to mention they aren't receiving the best publicity at the moment.

Honestly I would be happy if I was able to sell my reservation for $500.

· Registered
100 Posts
I was going to say the same thing @ZPower. I think those of us in the various Vinfast communities are holding on to see what happens with the first real shipments and true reviews outside of events etc..

I reserved later in 2022 (August) so I missed out on some of the perks and considered buying a Vinfirst reservation but the way things are going right now I might just hold onto what I've got and see what happens.

I also haven't seen many people say they are looking to buy, but have come across a few people who are trying to sell.

@AGibbs if you're on Facebook check out the US/Can/AUS Vinfast community and see what they think over there re: your website idea.

· Registered
144 Posts
I really don't think there is going to be much demand for those the way things are going. There is absolutely no reason to go for VinFast considering that they are both a brand new company and are charging higher prices for cars that don't really stand out among the competition.
That sums it perfectly up at the moment - things are going south quickly at the moment: I even wouldn’t rule out the announcement that the construction of the NC factory will be delayed “until further notice” which imo would be the final nail

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to say the same thing @ZPower. I think those of us in the various Vinfast communities are holding on to see what happens with the first real shipments and true reviews outside of events etc..

I reserved later in 2022 (August) so I missed out on some of the perks and considered buying a Vinfirst reservation but the way things are going right now I might just hold onto what I've got and see what happens.

I also haven't seen many people say they are looking to buy, but have come across a few people who are trying to sell.

@AGibbs if you're on Facebook check out the US/Can/AUS Vinfast community and see what they think over there re: your website idea.

@jay thanks, I'll check it out.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More power to you but I really don't think there is going to be much demand for those the way things are going. There is absolutely no reason to go for VinFast considering that they are both a brand new company and are charging higher prices for cars that don't really stand out among the competition. Not to mention they aren't receiving the best publicity at the moment.

Honestly I would be happy if I was able to sell my reservation for $500.
@jay @Alex -I think you guys are missing the point. Look at it this way - if you REALLY believe that VinFast won't sell even 50-100 cars over the next year to people who do NOT have Pioneer reservations (I'll call them Off The Street -OTS - buyers), then you should probably cash in your vouchers for the $200 refund and forget about wasting your time. If that's the case, then VinFast will probably lost $10billion on their vehicle venture (but I can't see them walking away from $10B).

On the other hand, IF the vouchers can save OTS buyers AT LEAST $5,000, let along the charger, electronics upgrade, Vietnam vacation, locked in early pricing (that could be $10,000 under current pricing), then there is only 2 questions for Pioneer holders wanting to sell:

1) how much of the $5000 - $10,000 savings worth to someone ready to buy (50%, 75%, nothing)? and
2) how to you get your Pioneer Reservation in front of them to buy those savings?

That's what I'm trying to find out - regardless of how current holders feel about getting their own VF series.

If fact, if I could buy 100 of them at $200 - I bet I could get 10X return by selling them in front of VinFast stores in California ... let's see, 100X200 = $20,000 to buy them

Sell for $2,000 each = $2,000X100 = $200,000

so THIS is the non-emotional, non-attached to a car thought process I'm going through. And I don't think it would he hard to convince someone walking into a VinFast store to pay you $2,000 so they could save at least $5,000 on a VF9.

· Registered
144 Posts
@jay @Alex -I think you guys are missing the point. Look at it this way - if you REALLY believe that VinFast won't sell even 50-100 cars over the next year to people who do NOT have Pioneer reservations (I'll call them Off The Street -OTS - buyers), then you should probably cash in your vouchers for the $200 refund and forget about wasting your time. If that's the case, then VinFast will probably lost $10billion on their vehicle venture (but I can't see them walking away from $10B).

On the other hand, IF the vouchers can save OTS buyers AT LEAST $5,000, let along the charger, electronics upgrade, Vietnam vacation, locked in early pricing (that could be $10,000 under current pricing), then there is only 2 questions for Pioneer holders wanting to sell:

1) how much of the $5000 - $10,000 savings worth to someone ready to buy (50%, 75%, nothing)? and
2) how to you get your Pioneer Reservation in front of them to buy those savings?

That's what I'm trying to find out - regardless of how current holders feel about getting their own VF series.

If fact, if I could buy 100 of them at $200 - I bet I could get 10X return by selling them in front of VinFast stores in California ... let's see, 100X200 = $20,000 to buy them

Sell for $2,000 each = $2,000X100 = $200,000

so THIS is the non-emotional, non-attached to a car thought process I'm going through. And I don't think it would he hard to convince someone walking into a VinFast store to pay you $2,000 so they could save at least $5,000 on a VF9.
There are some valid points - but first they have to extend their Vouchers at least into 2024. Right now they’re valid until end of this year and even with being only a few days into 2023 I don’t see them selling all these reservations. Crucial point will be the first (real) reviews from US and Canada - if they’re underwhelming or even disastrous then there could be a chain reaction (no interest in the cars, investors are getting skeptical, IPO goes wrong etc).

I would totally agree with you without any “but” if VF wouldn’t be a total Newcomer as a car manufacturer outside of Vietnam - but they’re and I worry that they underestimate the impact of this.

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
if I were to buy a vinfast reservation w/perks I'd only pay what the original owner did.....Period. But that is me and i already have one with ALL the perks.

I find myself wanting a Chevy Blazer EV reservation and they are being 'attempted' to be sold, but unlike vinfast there is no path to transferring the reservation (yet). And even there I'd only pay what they did. Just ain't worth it to pay more. Give then a profit for doing nothing? Nope.

· Registered
2 Posts
I do have one reservation, 01/13/2022, for v8 with all the original perks, $3000 voucher, NFT, vacation etc, that I'm looking into sell. Let me know if you or anyone you know interested. Also, would appreciate if anyone can advice the best place to sell it.

· Registered
100 Posts
You can get on on the vinfast website (US and Canada) but won't get the benefits that the person above has mentioned. For that you'll need to buy a Vinfirst reservation from someone who has one for sale, like @khalil_ny, or maybe get in contact with @AGibbs who may know others who are selling.

· Registered
12 Posts
There is nothing binding VinFast to honor anything having to do with the reservations. They didn't even have an advertised price for the car including the battery back then. Any prices they did show depended on the battery subscription. Which has since been scrubbed from their site. It also said pricing was subject to change.. We've had conflicting information from VinFast and it's employees on everything the price, subscription, specs, and even pioneer perks. This whole launch has been a joke I don't trust them at all.

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
We've had conflicting information from VinFast and it's employees on everything the price, subscription, specs, and even pioneer perks
idk. When calling corporate they have confirmed all the perks to me and others. However, beyond email nothing is in writing and those of us who converted to an order there is even LESS info in writing. Oh well. So glad I'm not in a hurry and my next pick isn't even a thing until summer (maybe).

· Registered
100 Posts
I can confirm with you that according to the people I've spoken to at Vinfast Canada anything from August 2022 prior will be honored. Sure, they can backtrack and not honor those reservations but if they want any chance of surviving in the North American market they will. That's the way I look at it.

They are getting shitty reviews from people who either weren't invited or refused to visit Vietnam during their event and the truth is coming out. Their only lifeline right now is to ensure the customers who are willing to purchase their vehicles are getting good value from them because as it stands right now it doesn't make sense to buy them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts