VinFast Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No reason not to have multiple options
which is why I offered increasing the mileage vs killing the option competely. Other social platforms there were a bunch of users complaining about the subscription itself and the low mileage. But, who really knows for sure what lead to the decision.

·
Registered
67 Posts
or it's kinda true because the mileage was way too low for most of the US drivers. I'd be dinged and I drive barely 25 miles a day.
As there was also the unlimited option for people who drive a lot more than 310 mi, I can‘t see this as a reason for why the flexible plan was scrapped.

Anyway: fact is that the flexible/limited plan was our preferred option which obviously has gone. So I and my wife will figure out how we deal with our reservations.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Different people have different use cases. No reason not to have multiple options. We never got a survey asking if we wanted the option or not, so I don't know where they got their overwhelming customer opinions from.
Maybe their survey resources were depleted by doing the survey about „real leather vs vegan leather“ which of course for the majority of EV customers is more important than the battery… /s

·
Registered
8 Posts
I talked with 3 different VinFast people today. Bottom line: one or more of the individuals I talked with might agree that there should be a flexible plan but the company chose to remove the flexible plan because a survey indicated that an overwhelming number of reservation holders would not choose it. I told them it would not hurt VinFast to make the flexible option available to the reservation holders who committed when the flexible option was available. My husband and I will decide what to do about having the unlimited option forced upon us. As much as I wanted to support VinFast and the newness of battery leasing, I might have to find another electric vehicle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I told them it would not hurt VinFast to make the flexible option available to the reservation holders who committed when the flexible option was available.
This is what makes me wonder as well - if it would have been a physical/material option which complicates manufacturing (like Rivian when they scrapped the light wood from the ocean package) then it would make sense in order to streamline their manufacturing process - but offering 2 subscription plans instead of 1 is merely a setting in the accounting software.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts