VinFast Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
what annoys me more is that they didn't communicate the changes to vinfirst/vinpioneers (at all). that was one of the 'stated' benefits we'd get updates etc before the public did. So far, that totally isn't true.

No no bad Vinfast. :devilish:
Not to say this as an excuse, But I have ordered 4 new cars this year (never did it once before that, just been a crazy year) and not one of the manufactures was even slightly good at regular communication.

The list includes
Ford
Rivian
Mini
Vinfast

I have just realized that’s the way it is. Which is why these forums are so important for those that want that extra info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Bosetsu! Are you looking to order the VF8 or VF9?
I am looking at the VF9 Plus. Reserved back when the Vinfast Pioneer program was still around and signed the non-refundable agreement the day before the Inflation Reduction Act was signed (thank goodness!). I live in Virginia though so I don't expect to be able to order one till late 2023 for delivery in 2024. I am hoping that I can still get the tax credit if I complete the order by end of 2023.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most of the price increases are already listed, but the biggest question I had was the cost of the VF 9 plus with extended range and the additional ADAS (battery included). The price was given to me as $91k which is insane, but if the self-driving feature ends up on par or better than Tesla then it would seem competitive in that regard. Not sure how people that do not already have a reservation will accept that kind of price unless the fit and finish of these vehicles comes out truly luxury though.

The battery price is about $18.5k from what I calculated for the extended range version. It's hard to say whether the subscription model or buying the battery outright is better since most people, nowadays, won't keep their cars for 10 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most of the price increases are already listed, but the biggest question I had was the cost of the VF 9 plus with extended range and the additional ADAS (battery included). The price was given to me as $91k which is insane, but if the self-driving feature ends up on par or better than Tesla then it would seem competitive in that regard. Not sure how people that do not already have a reservation will accept that kind of price unless the fit and finish of these vehicles comes out truly luxury though.

The battery price is about $18.5k from what I calculated for the extended range version. It's hard to say whether the subscription model or buying the battery outright is better since most people, nowadays, won't keep their cars for 10 years.
$91k with battery and ADAS for the VF9+ is what would match my own estimate - because I calculated $85k and as I have a reservation with Vinfirst Membership I should get ADAS for free (which they stated at this time with a value of $6k).

I think this will be a steep mountain to climb for VF to sell at these prices to people who don’t made a reservation during the first round ($5k voucher + ADAS + Vinfirst).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Our thoughts about this: we try to figure out how long we want to drive/own the car and if the next one could/should also be a VF - because I can image that a car with subscription plan could be harder to sell to private or non-VF dealerships in the future as batteries are going to be more and more reliable - and people grow more and more confidence in the longevity of batteries. Furthermore I think that the cost for batteries will decline significantly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
....if I wanted to pay that I'd get a Tesla or a Rivian. sheesh. (n)
I get the feeling that Rivian prices are going to go up again soon and Tesla seems to be consistently increasing the price of their vehicles. Don't think these prices are going to go down until non-lithium battery energy density improves. I'm hoping there's a big breakthrough soon for sodium-ion batteries energy density. Those could potentially decrease the cost of batteries by 50% or more with how sodium is so much easier to obtain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On their site under Battery Subscriptions, noticed that Flexible plan was not listed. So, contacted VinFast and received the following:
"Yes, we have made some changes and the Flexible subscription option is not available anymore only the fixed, my apologies. The great thing is your price is locked in so you will not be charged the new prices. For the VF8, with you being a VinFirst, the monthly prices will still be $110. "
I might cancel my reservation if I cannot get the flexible plan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The picture attached to post #30 shows how VF argues why they scrapped the flexible plan. But I’m not convinced about what they wrote about the reason — I think the real reason is that the flexible plan with it’s low monthly price was either (a) financial miscalculation by VF or (b) just a bait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suggest
I agree: I was looking forward to the flexible plan!! So 😕😟😠☹😢🥺
I am in the same boat. I suggest we reach out to the customer support and let them know of our displeasure. I feel atleast the original reservation holders should be able to use the flexible plan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Different people have different use cases. No reason not to have multiple options. We never got a survey asking if we wanted the option or not, so I don't know where they got their overwhelming customer opinions from.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts