VinFast Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The pre recording was the most disappointing part of it imo. It presented only the things which are already for everyone to see on the website without any further details.

Regarding your question with the end of the stream and a more basic version of the VF8: when the stream broke and didn’t came back after a few seconds I thought that it was an issue on my end. I locked out, checked my internet connection and locked in again - at the time when I was back the stream had already ended. Therefore I missed this part.

Would love to hear about your test drive (even if we aim for the VF9).
I listened to that part again, and he says(starts at 44:27):
"We cannot confirm for guarantee incentives up until the government says go and homologation comes first. The pricing that we're working on right now (VF8) SHOULD allow all trims and versions to qualify for the incentive. If you check the website, we now announced a version at $59,990, so that allows us to reach both thresholds for both provincial and federal incentives. That said, the version at $59k, inclusive of battery will be a trimmed down version, so we'll limit the software. Our goal is not to sell a lot of these, it's to create an entry level version for those who look for a very inexpensive version. The Eco and the plus will be the one that most people will select. so there's going to be a price jump to go to those.. But being options, and not necessarily trims we'll make sure they'll all align in terms of powersets so this will be a unique offer for Canada."

I don't see that version on the website yet, unless I'm mistaken. But from the above I get the impression that there will be a BASIC, Eco and Plus version in Canada.

If what he said is accurate, I can see a lot of people purchasing a barebones or 'inexpensive' version to get rid of their gas car, especially if it is included with government incentives. I'll be sure to update on my test drive as well, even though I'm sure many people on here will do the same :p

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
179 Posts
The content was imo a bit shallow with no real meat
although in US I watched some of it, kinda hard while at work. Seemed more marketing drivel than anything else. I did note he said things happen in US first than Canada. Strange that US Vinfast didn't have one of these yet, tho.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
although in US I watched some of it, kinda hard while at work. Seemed more marketing drivel than anything else. I did note he said things happen in US first than Canada. Strange that US Vinfast didn't have one of these yet, tho.
Yeah it is weird. If you'd like I can give the hotline a call during a break tomorrow and find out when they expect to have one for the US market?

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yeah, but why not yet? If Canada has rolled, why not US? Specially when the bulk of the first 5000 units are most likely coming to Calif.
It's like they're doing things in different orders. From what I understand you guys are able to convert reservations to orders right? Here in Canada that isn't even an option - we barely have the website working the say it's supposed to. That, and the fact that stores aren't even open yet here. I wonder if they hosted these events to keep the market here 'satisfied'? The government is dragging their feet giving them the approval for the incentives, and, depending on the province you live in you may not even get one. I suspect that's a big factor regarding how things are playing out right now.

They also mentioned a few times that this is a monthly thing (the live stream). I did ask them about US events but didn't get an answer.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I don’t think so. I’ve nothing heard about that so far.
Might be for VinFirst orders (judging from SHale's signature on the forum.

I'll try and get some info for you guys tomorrow but I'll also be sure to share the live stream links as I get them so everyone is in the loop moving forward (y)

Attachments

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
179 Posts
From what I understand you guys are able to convert reservations to orders right?
That was a one time thing before Biden signed the law. I converted mine to an order. About the only thing that changed was my deposit is no longer refundable. The 'agreement' I signed really has no details, no pricing, no trim or color selection. It's kinda a nothingburger to hopefully get the $7500 US Fed EV credit (under the old rules).

I suspect those who converted are now at the 'head' of the line. Least I hope so. No word on how many converted.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That was a one time thing before Biden signed the law. I converted mine to an order. About the only thing that changed was my deposit is no longer refundable. The 'agreement' I signed really has no details, no pricing, no trim or color selection. It's kinda a nothingburger to hopefully get the $7500 US Fed EV credit (under the old rules).

I suspect those who converted are now at the 'head' of the line. Least I hope so. No word on how many converted.
Interesting! So everyone really is in the same boat. Hopefully next month brings us more information.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts