VinFast Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My guess is its is the same as the normal variant but just software limited to only get the 180 miles.
But why do that? I think there is more to it. And remove the battery lease?
As-is at 180 miles (That is their estimate) the price is way too much. And why would they think we’d go for it?
Vinfast US communication sucks.

· Registered
60 Posts
But why do that? I think there is more to it. And remove the battery lease?
As-is at 180 miles (That is their estimate) the price is way too much. And why would they think we’d go for it?
Vinfast US communication sucks.
I do not understand myself. I can see why to get the lower mileage. But the price it way too much.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I emailed Vinfast to ask them if all 999 coming to Calif were the City Edition. Their reply:

""Thanks for reaching out. We are thrilled to have you as a VinFast Member!

All 999 VF8s on the ship are all City Edition Vehicles.""

I am not thrilled. This means no December delivery. Oh well.

· Registered
144 Posts
My guess is its is the same as the normal variant but just software limited to only get the 180 miles.
Why would/should they do that? It makes no sense that they put expensive batteries into the car and lower the price by $3k and the batteries are sitting around unused while they could use them for their future production!? Definitely not. Its like selling a car with 8 cylinders and they let use the buyer only four of them with an discount of $XXXX. It’s definitely for a reason that they haven‘t announced any specific battery sizes or charging specs so far…

· Registered
144 Posts
And remove the battery lease?
Because the battery pack is smaller - if they would offer a lease they would need to offer a complete new leasing model/price only for this batch because of the different battery size. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the battery lease will be scrapped completely because they can’t/won‘t carry the upfront cost by themselves (it’s eating up a lot of money which they need for investments in their infrastructure).

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the battery lease will be scrapped completely
oh, don't say that. :confused: If the battery lease goes bye-bye, so does my 'order'. Without the lease the price goes way above what I'm willing to pay for an automobile. I'll just wait for the Chevy Blazer EV instead......

· Registered
144 Posts
oh, don't say that. :confused: If the battery lease goes bye-bye, so does my 'order'. Without the lease the price goes way above what I'm willing to pay for an automobile. I'll just wait for the Chevy Blazer EV instead......
We have not decided so far if we buy the VF9 what we do with the battery - lease or buy (but its like 55:45 pro leasing). Definitely it would be a huge marketing disaster vor VF if they would cancel the lease option after they promoted it so heavily - nevertheless I can see a chance that they come around the corner with something like ”we are forced to do this because of difficult market conditions and strained supply chains bla bla bla”…

21 - 32 of 32 Posts