VinFast Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
VinFirst.....VF8 converted to an order
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so there is no order system officially, none of the reservation/order people have been able to finalize the options they want and yet almost a thousand vehicles are on the way. Vinfast is hoping the thousand they selected will match what customers want option wise?

Hum.

· Registered
34 Posts
OK, so there is no order system officially, none of the reservation/order people have been able to finalize the options they want and yet almost a thousand vehicles are on the way. Vinfast is hoping the thousand they selected will match what customers want option wise?

Hum.
More than likely these are actual production units used for multiple purposes.
1. Actual test drives
2. Employee vehicles
3. Final beta tests including crash tests.

I have seen this with Rivian, even though they were producing vehicles and said “customers were receiving them” the real world didn’t get them for 2 or 3 more months. This is a common practice.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More than likely these are actual production units used for multiple purposes.
1. Actual test drives
2. Employee vehicles
3. Final beta tests including crash tests.
perhaps, but not 999 of them. The bulk will be for customer deliveries. Silly to send THAT many for such limited purposes. Also, beyond showroom staff they don't have a whole bunch of employees in the US just yet.

· Registered
34 Posts
perhaps, but not 999 of them. The bulk will be for customer deliveries. Silly to send THAT many for such limited purposes. Also, beyond showroom staff they don't have a whole bunch of employees in the US just yet.
Okay, I did find an reticle that talked about the 999.

1. this is a very lucky number to the Vietnamese people
2. An unspecified number are going to car service “Autonomy but the majority would go to retail buyers who have ordered the car.”

you are correct, because most employees are in Vietnam and they already got their first round that is what is happening.

article: Reuters

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An unspecified number are going to car service “Autonomy
somewhat annoyed with that since that agreement is rather new and there are reservations converted to orders way ahead of them. They all should get first crack at the first deliveries. But I do understand why Vinfast is doing it.......still, annoyed tho.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are all of those city lights?
the answers I have received are mixed. Corporate said all 999 were the City Edition. Today, at a test drive event, they said 'some' won't be the City Edition. So not sure who to believe. I'm figuring Jan now vs the hope I had for December.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts